Thursday, March 6, 2014

Warm Thoughts

Today I was out walking when the sleet started. The temperature wasn't bad, about 41, but the wind was up and apparently there was enough chill in the air to allow the sleet to cut my face. Then I spotted a single snowflake. Everything shifted to rain before Hari and I got back to the snug little residency house.
I opened my email to find this pic from my parents. They're in Northern Virginia, which has received a lot of the cold weather lately.
My mom's comment was, "This bird is thinking, What the s**t am I doing in Virginia? I need to be somewhere south where it's warmer!" Well, Mr. Robin, I was feeling sorry for myself in the cold of South Carolina. Now I feel lucky again!
Extra note: Even the birds use sidewalks...and this one is just his size!
So it's all in how you see the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment