Friday, March 7, 2014

under the light of Orion

Since I arrived here I have been obsessed with the sky. There is no light pollution in Pickens and very few clouds and every night I go out and look up and marvel at Orion which we can see right above us as mysterious as ever. What are you hunting here?
This morning, I woke up around 8:30, smiled because I was happy to be here and to have the time to do the things I love most, paint and write. I did my morning pages, then went to grab a cup of coffee and cookies, moved the laptop to the library, worked on my book for an hour and then painted. I painted surrounded by books and the soft music of the rain. I usually have great difficulties to work with small size canvases but this morning I had none. I used a small wood panel given by my weekend fellow painter Dylan (thanks again Dylan for that I'm not giving it back to you now) and whereas I thought, I'll just experiment on that because I'm not good with small size panels, I made this and I figured this is the product of Orion light bathing my every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment