Tuesday, October 30, 2018

South Meets East

Rose M Barron
Atlanta, Georgia
July 2018

South Meets East

My 4th  consecutive summer residency at The Rensing center followed after returning from 5.5 weeks teaching art in China. I didn’t quite know how my time in China would influence my work but excitedly, I packed up the usual camera equipment along with 2 rolls of beautiful rice paper, orange ink brushes I had purchased in China and natural pigments I had been experimenting with.

Inspired by the lines and colors in nature near me at the pottery Studio such as the Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly, the Box turtle, the Kiwi vines, the waterfalls, various flowers and collected limbs and rocks my was full of flowing lines and earthy tones with splashes of bolder colors.




   Some Detail Shots
 





My usual work of Prop Making for Photo Shots

                   

        Last but not least collaborative photo tests with Wanrudee Buranakorn 
                           

No comments:

Post a Comment