Friday, February 12, 2016

Pickens Flea Market

So Hee Kim
Providence, RI
January- February 2016

Pickens Flea Market





I arrived to Rensing Center a little more than a month ago from Seoul, Korea.

Every Wednesday monrings, Ellen would take us to the morning flea market, which was just about 10 minutes away from Rensing Center. I've been intrigued by the various groups of eclectic objects gathered by the local community. I was interested in how the objects seemed to have a sense of missing history and were laid out on the tables. The tables seemed to serve as a stage or a flatbed painting for the objects that could be easily played and moved around by the people looking through things to buy at the flea market. By the end of February, I plan to make a performative, interactive installation at the flea market by using the objects that I have gathered from the flea market and at Rensing Center.

-SO HEE KIM

No comments:

Post a Comment