Monday, December 14, 2015

Journal

Lucia Rollow
Brooklyn, NY
Winter 2016

Journal

I arrived at the Rensing Center unsure of exactly what I would find but with the knowledge that I was going to spend the next 6 weeks of my life walking in the woods and climbing hills and documenting it in an illustrated journal.

Below are a few excerpts from my stay.

Journal, Day 1.

Macintosh HD:Users:LuciaRollow:Downloads:Day1.1.jpg
Macintosh HD:Users:LuciaRollow:Downloads:Day1.2.jpg

Every day started with a nude self portrait taken from each of four angles. The purpose of these self portraits is to document what, if any, visible physical changes my body undergoes during my stay in the woods.
Macintosh HD:Users:LuciaRollow:Downloads:Day1.3.jpg
Macintosh HD:Users:LuciaRollow:Downloads:Day1.4.jpg

Following the self portraits in an exploration into the woods.

The following are a few samples of large format portraits of waterfalls in upstate South Carolina.

Macintosh HD:Users:LuciaRollow:Downloads:Station_Cove_Falls (1).jpgMacintosh HD:Users:LuciaRollow:Downloads:Reedy_Branch.jpg

Lucia Rollow

No comments:

Post a Comment