Thursday, December 4, 2014

Cleaning House & Moving Out

Skye Livingston
Kansas City, Missouri
November- December 2014

Cleaning House & Moving Out

Happy Thanksgiving! Oh…that was already a week ago? Right. I also woke up thinking it was Friday (the past three days in a row). And then yesterday I considered the possibility that it might be January. I’m a little out of sync these days, which can happen when you spend must of your time in your studio apartment by yourself, only occasionally venturing out into the forest. I also skipped last week’s blog post, which always throws me off. 

I’m winding down my residency at The Rensing Center, and planning to head to Kansas City for a few days on my way over to San Diego, where I'll be for about a month, for some family time and a personal residency from residencies. And come on, who doesn't want to spend the holidays in sunny San Diego?!

My work here has been really segmented. I spent the first two weeks creating drawings for the Holiday Hot Shop at the Sherry Leedy Contemporary in KC, the following week going through and organizing all of my studio supplies, and this past week revisiting some embroidery and sewn paper work. Since I’ve had this whole space to myself for the past few weeks, I’ve really been able to spread out and take over every available horizontal surface. 


I've come to really enjoy the space I've inhabited here. It took me a while to nest in it, but now that I have, I feel like I've really hit my stride so I'm sad to be leaving so soon! So thanks for everything Rensing, it's been great!


You can view more of my work on my website, and follow my adventures at other residencies on my blog

To view my recent newsletter and sign up for occasional email updates, click here
SKYE LIVINGSTON


No comments:

Post a Comment